Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pictures This Week

DAY 36 – DAY 42
During this busy week, I was determined not to forget to take pictures of everything happening around me. With that being said, some days have more then one picture. Hope you enjoy!!

Day 36: Saturday 2/5
Our varsity boy’s basketball team matched up against the Mohawk Indians. These are both strong teams; working hard for a state playoff spot. Even though this game did not change anything we still wanted to win:-) and we did!!!


Day 37: Sunday 2/6
At church this morning, the McGrath family had a dedication for their newly adopted daughter Audra. It has been a long time in the making and we are sssooooooo excited for their family and Audra.


Day 38: Monday 2/7
Every Monday right after school, Jera has piano lessons with Mrs. McKinley. Jera enjoys playing the piano and we are looking forward to her recital in April.


Day 39: Tuesday 2/8
Today I got a new student in 6th grade, making 15 students in my class now. This is a picture of his deck with all the books he will be using. I believe it looks pretty overwhelming, but he jumped right in and is doing great.
(I do not have a picture of him, because I did not want to scare him his first day with my crazy picture taking.)


Day 40: Wednesday 2/9
Picture 1
Jera came home today VERY excited to show me her “Plant Book.” Her class has been working some time on making these little plant books, filled with lots of information. She received 100% on her book, and was eager to tell us about it.


Picture 2
After school today, I had the privilege of going fabric shopping with my SIL Sarah. She is an amazing seamstress and crazily making totes, necklaces, push pins, purses and more right now. I asked if she could make me a laptop bag, because I was having trouble finding one long enough. While looking for that fabric, it was overwhelming with all the different options. But we did make it out after a couple hours and here is all the fabric purchased for different projects. Sarah was also VERY excited to get a new addition for her sewing “THE SERGER.”


Day 41: Thursday 2/10
Picture 1
Today the 5th and 6th grade classes went on a field trip to OMSI. We explored a couple of exhibits, ate lunch, watched the IMAX movie Hubble, shopped and then came home. I believe the trip was a HUGE success and the students enjoyed themselves. I know that I did!!


Picture 2
At the basketball game tonight, we had surprise visitors. Lisa and Alex had come up to Salem for the week and were able to come to one of the basketball games. Jera was excited to see them.


Day 42: Friday 2/11
Picture 1
Okay, yes I know this is a picture of a toilet. Last night and most of the early morning I had a little stomach bug. Enough said:-(


Picture 2
Bowling


Picture 3
My new amazing laptop top bag by sarie june!!!


Picture 4
This picture has a long story, but I will do my best to keep it short. I will start by saying that one of my favorite books is The Shack by Paul Young. Last night at the boy’s basketball game, I had the privilege of meeting Paul Young. This is how it went. I am sitting at the scores table; setting up the boy’s book, a man walks over to do the book for Damascus Christian. I went to introduce myself, which is normal, here is the conversation.
Laura: Hi my name is Laura
Paul: Hi Laura, my name is Paul Young, we are excited for this game tonight.
Laura: Paul Young, are you the author of The Shack.
Paul: Yes that is me.
Laura: WOW, I am so excited to meet you, I LOVE your book. (with a huge cheesy smile on my face)
Paul: Thank you
After that point, I was a little embarrassed about how excited I was to meet him, which I could not ask for his picture or autograph. He had a son on the other team he was very excited to watch.


Picture 5
This is after our boys had an amazing win against Damascus Christian.

3 comments:

  1. Please forgive me for all the spelling errors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your picture recaps of the week! And I'm very excited to see your new laptop bag in person, looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME post...GREAT recap of the extremely busy week.

    ReplyDelete