Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's Not Your Grandma's Cookbook

FISH TACOS with PEACH RELISH serving: 4 tacos

On my bucket list is to at some point in my life write a cook/recipe book. I want to fill it with great recipes that are easy and don’t require odd hard to find ingredients. Here is my first recipe.

Ingredients:
Salsa:
1 peach, finely chopped
¼ c. red onion, finely chopped
1 T. cilantro, chopped
1 T. lime juice
½ jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
Pinch: salt, pepper and garlic powder
Fish:
2 tilapia filets, cut into 2 inch cubes
1 T. taco seasoning
Cooking spray – for pan
8 corn tortilla shells
Aluminum foil
Directions:
In a small bowl combine all salsa ingredients and set aside until ready to serve. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil, place on baking sheet. Heat in oven for 5-7 minutes or until warm. Warm a sauce pan on low-medium heat, spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle taco seasoning on cubed fish. Place fish in pan and cook until done. Place two tortillas together, for four tacos. Divide fish and salsa among the four tacos and serve.

4 comments:

  1. yummy, might we be able to make these while on our scrapbooking weekend? I vote yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also vote yes because I have never had a fish taco in my life and those look tasty! Question though: why double the taco shell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi - really I don't know why you use two taco shells LOL, I just always have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lightbulb just went on in my head. I couldn't understand why at our impromptu meeting during the Duck bowl game I was the only one that hadn't heard of your fish tacos. I now see the error of my ways. Bring on the scrap weekend and your tacos!!!

    ReplyDelete