Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sports, do I need to say more.

A FAMILY AFFAIR

I TRY to do my best being a coach’s wife, but after the first season, in the middle of the second season and thinking about the third season coming soon; I am wonder when in my life did I become so into sports.

My husband coaches varsity football in the fall, JV basketball in the winter with his brother-in-law Doug, and in the spring he will be an assistant softball coach with his sister Sarah. Oh, and don’t forget to add, if we do not have enough girls for a softball season, he will be there to help assist coaching in baseball.

Besides Jay, my daughter is also very into sports. She played soccer in the fall (soon to be volleyball, which she is super excited about, because her cousin Kennedy plays), basketball in the winter and baseball in the spring.

I have had to come up with ways that I get to spend more time with my husband during these seasons. During this last season of football, I became VERY good at analyzing the game, almost becoming a coach myself. We spent many hours together breaking down game film, watching football, talking about offense, building defense and creating strength training and cardio routines for the players.

During the current season, my husband is learning the game of basketball himself from whom I believe to be one of the best coaches ever, his brother-in-law Doug. I involve myself by doing the basketball book for the varsity teams and boys JV team. This way I am able to travel with my husband and be around him more.

I have yet to find what to do to help during the last season.

PS: Happy 9th Birthday to my wonderful daughter Jera today!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you are my Book Keeper during softball season...remember!? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing coaches wife. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd be a low 3, maybe! The only thing I've got going for me is longevity... Russ has coached our entire married life - almost 12 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - Okay, now I am excited for softball!!!

    Jodi - I would rate you at a 10, after 12 years you are amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! You must really be quality time to do all that just to be with your husband. And I thought i was bad with the quality time love language thing. You go ,girl!

    ReplyDelete