Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Not Your Grandma's Cookbook

VANILLA CUPCAKES :-) serving: 12 cupcakes

In my adult life, I realized I had not made cupcakes. I decided to give it a try for Jera’s birthday. I must say they turn out pretty good. (Side note: I bought the frosting at the store; we will have to wait another day to make frosting.)

Ingredients:
½ c. unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 ½ c. flour
1 ½ t. baking powder
¼ t. salt
½ c. milk
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In a bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, and then beat in the vanilla. In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt together. On low speed, add flour mixture and milk. Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18-20 minutes, check with toothpick if needed. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment