Sunday, January 9, 2011

Resolutions

WHY NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS - DON'T WORK FOR ME

I have been very unsuccessful at New Year’s resolutions. After some though and research I have come up with why.

1) Most resolutions are attached to the calendar (January 1) - This relieves me of any duty, because I do not have a vested interest. I would probably have better results if I made my resolution on MY birthday.
2) Most resolutions are made to "stop" something. This creates negative thoughts. I will spend more time “thinking” of the negatives – which will just cause more of the same problems.

So, this year I decided to do something different. My “New Year’s Resolution” is to think about positive things that would improve my life.

Examples:
Just for today: I will give thanks for my many blessings.
Just for today: I will not worry.
Just for today: I will not be angry.
Just for today: I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing.

Every morning I say to myself,” just for today I will ……,” and so far I am off to a good start. Lets hope that it sticks and will change my life for the better.

1 comment:

  1. I like that resolution. I'm with you they are too much pressure:)

    ReplyDelete