Monday, January 24, 2011

My Life

I have neglected my blog during the last week. I could give you many excuses and reasons, but the real reason was a phone call I received from a relative that felt I was revealing too much of my personal life. So tonight I am going to explain why I started this blog.

First, it is a way for my old friends and family to stay current on my life. To see pictures of what’s going on in my life and the different things I am involved in. I am not good at staying in contact with old friends and my family. I am very much a “what is in front of me right now is what I am focused on and thinking about” person. Being far away from my family is difficult for me, and this was a way to communicate with them.

SIDE BAR, just a little family history. I come from a small family. My mom lives in western Washington with her amazing husband. My dad lives in eastern Washington with his amazing wife. My sister is in Nebraska with my niece. I am also lucky enough to still have grandparents. My Grandma Pauline lives in eastern Washington but is at my mom’s house a lot throughout the year. And last my Grandma & Grandpa Rinker live in eastern Washington during the summer and Arizona in the winter.

Second, this blog was a way for my new friends and family to learn more about whom I am and were I came from. Yes, some of it is very personal and revealing. I felt like I was in a place in my life where I was hiding from my past and making sure nobody would know anything about me.

So going forward, I am not going to hold back. I will apologize in advance to anyone who may pick up an offense to what I say but the reality of it is, this is My life.

5 comments:

  1. I actually LOVE that you're opening up on this blog... it's personal yes, but it also is a great testimony to me of the grace of God on your life.

    I sure love you my friend! And I'm glad you're part of "My life!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kelly, on all counts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, and now you are a part of a family that shares EVERYTHING (probably more than you ever wanted to know) with each other...so glad to call you my sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus already bought and paid for it all! Love your post and love getting to know you better. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say bravo to you Laura!!! I so enjoy reading
    your blogs!! I go to it everyday, wanting and waiting to see what you have written. We ARE so far away and I love seeing what is going on in your 3 lives. Keep up the great writting!! Love to you all

    ReplyDelete